With digital downloads, your public library is open 24/7! The North Brunswick Public Library offers a variety of ways to access eBooks, eAudiobooks, and movies on your personal mobile device or computer. All you need to access these free services is your North Brunswick Public Library Card and your PIN.
*Certain services will also require the creation of a username and password. Click on each service below to learn more.
Borrow an ereader
The North Brunswick Public Library is excited about the increasing interest in eBooks! To provide patrons with more copies of popular books, to appeal to readers who are travelling or who take out many books at a time, or those who just want to see what all the fuss is about, we have purchased 2 Kindles and 3 Nooks for you to check out!
Patrons who are 17 or older who have a North Brunswick Public Library card with $5.00 or less in fines can check one out. Just see a staff member at the Reference Desk and sign your eReader Borrowers Agreement.
The eReaders are preloaded with a selection of popular titles. Click the Nook/Kindle number link below to see a listing of all the current titles available. These lists are constantly changing, so keep on checking back.
And if that wasn’t enough, you can even place the eReaders on hold. If you do that, you can request a book to be added to the device. So no more waiting in long hold lines!
With eLibraryNJ, you can borrow and enjoy free eBooks, audiobooks, and more from the library’s school’s digital collection. All you need to get started is an internet connection, your library card and PIN.
1. Download the OverDrive app from your app store and sign up for an Overdrive account using the following steps.
- Please select the “Sign up using library card” button in red.
- Enter North Brunswick Public Library in the text box that appears and select it from the list that will generate.
- Since eLibraryNJ services all libraries in New Jersey, You will then need to select “Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium” there will be NO LISTING for the North Brunswick Public Library.
- Enter your Library Card and PIN Number.
- Confirm that you are 13 or older.
- Get to searching!
In some instances, (i.e. using a Kindle Fire) you will need to have an Adobe ID so you can read ebooks on your phone. It's a free account, click here to get an ID.
2. Checking Out
- Titles can be checked out for 21 days. Titles can be renewed three times (for 21 days each time) if no one is one a waiting list.
- 6 Items can be checked out an one time.
- Most titles are always available and can be checked out as often as you want.
3. Placing Holds
Most of the titles are always available and do not require a hold. For the small number of one copy/one user titles, a Hold button will display if the title is checked out. To place a hold, click or tap the hold button. A success message will be displayed along with your place in line. For your convenience, eLibraryNJ will automatically checkout the title to your account. An email stating the title is available for download will be sent to the email address you have on file. When you receive the email you can look in your “Bookshelf” items to download your selection.
For more help downloading books, click here for OverDrive support section.
Please log in to see our current content offerings.
With Hoopla, North Brunswick Public Library gives you free access to:
- 5 checkouts per month – movies, TV, music and eAudiobooks
- Unlimited viewing or listening during your checkout period (once checkout time has expired, item will automatically disappear from your computer or device)
- Over 100,000 titles with new selections added weekly — new, popular, classic and educational titles
- Hoopla carries approximately 80% of albums listed on Billboard magazine’s top 100 lists, often on the day the album is released (try it before you buy it!)
- Easy to use platform – simply have your library card number and PIN handy
Click here for FAQs
- What are the checkout periods for different materials?
Movies and TV are 2-3 days, songs or albums are 7 days and eAudiobooks are 21 days
- I’m having trouble using Hoopla in Internet Explorer.
Hoopla works best with other browsers and in the app form. For more information about how to get Hoopla to work with Internet Explorer, please click here for Hoopla’s help pages or get in touch with us at email@example.com
- Can I use Hoopla on my smartphone or tablet?
Yes! Search for “hoopla digital” in either the Apple App Store or the Google Play store.
- What if I don’t have internet access or don’t want to use up too much data?
Using Hoopla’s mobile apps, you can do a temporary download so that you can play content later, without Internet access. In iOS devices, simply tap the cloud icon and wait for the “download complete” message. On Android devices, look for the word DOWNLOAD in the upper, right-hand corner. NBPL offers free WiFi, so you can bring your device to any branch to complete temporary downloads.
- If I’m under 18, what can I check out?
Checkout rules are the same as our physical collection: cardholder must be 18 to checkout movies and TV; expired or blocked cards will not have access.
- What if I need help?
Click here for Hoopla help pages or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-246-3435
Please note a valid library card and PIN is required.
The North Brunswick Public Library, as well as other libraries in the Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium (LMXaC) now have downloadable eBooks, eAudiobooks and Magazines at no cost through RBDigital.
With a library card you will have unlimited simultaneous access to tons of content, which can easily be viewed on most Internet-enabled devices inside or outside of the library.
All you need is a library card and an internet connected computer. This service is also compatible with most mobile devices and tablets.
If this is your first time using Zinio, view the Zinio for Libraries Account Set Up and Checkout Guide for instructions on how to set up your account or view the video below.