friends of the north brunswick library
The Friends of the North Brunswick Library are a nonprofit group whose members support the library by:
- Promoting public awareness and support of the library
- Advocating for library funding and pro-library legislation
- Donating materials and equipment
- Providing funding for the rental book and DVD collections; all library programming for children, teens and adults; for the Museum Pass Program; for eBook and eReader lending
- Sponsoring special programs
- Encouraging gifts and bequests from the community
The Friends raise funds through the support of annual membership dues, the popular “Eat Out” program and holding an annual used book sale. The sale is always held the first weekend in May.
Thank you for supporting the Friends of the North Brunswick Library, with your help we raised over $13,000 in 2017.
Don't forget to mark your calendar for next year’s sale which will be held on May 4, 5 and 6th, 2018.
The Friends Executive Committee 2016-2017
President, Karen Cronin
Secretary, Martha Hayden
Treasurer, Bruce Trattler
Membership, Yvonne Penna
Book Sale, Sharon Hsu
Programs, Roz Shaw
Social Media, Gwen Tiller
Audit, Marcia Feldheim
Members at Large, Sara Levine, Harold Schneider and Anu Singh
Meetings and Membership Information
2017 meeting dates are held in the Conference Room at 7:00 pm. Everyone is welcome. Please join us!
- Monday, January 29th
- Monday, February 26th
- Monday, March 26th
- Monday, April 23rd
- Monday, May 28th
- Monday, June 25th
- Monday, July 23rd
- Monday, August 27th
- Monday, September 24th
- Monday, October 22nd
- Monday, November 26th (To be held in the Staff Room)
- Monday, December 24th
Click here for the Friends Brochure for addtional information and an application to become a Friend.
Special Friends events and meetings may be found on the events calendar.