The proctoring of examinations is a service offered by the North Brunswick Public Library. The library will offer proctoring services based on the availability of personnel, facilities and technology.
- To arrange to have an exam proctored, the student will fill out and submit the online application. (clickable here) fix link to go to the online application.
This service is available to students who are registered card holders in good standing with the North Brunswick Library and to residents of surrounding towns.
- North Brunswick residents – $5.00 per hour for each exam
- Non-residents – $10.00 per hour for each exam
- The fees are based on the scheduled amount of time for the exam, not the amount of time taken by the student.
- The fee includes computer use, faxing, printing, scanning, and postage.
- Payment is by cash only, due on the scheduled date of the exam.
- The library will offer a private room with a librarian present for the length of the test at $25.00 per hour and at a maximum of $50.00. This service is available to both residents and non-residents.
- To arrange to have an exam proctored, the student will fill out and submit the online application. (clickable here) A librarian will contact the student to make an appointment to meet and fill out the necessary paperwork required by the student’s school. The student has to complete any preliminary paperwork at least one week before the date of the exam.
- Students who show up for proctoring without appointments will not be considered.
- Exams will be proctored during regular library hours.
- Proctors may not be able to monitor a student continuously during an exam, but will check on him/her periodically. The library cannot guarantee that a quiet study room will be provided.
- Proctors will enforce any time limits that are placed on the exam, as well as any other rules set forth in the examination materials. The use of cell phones or consultation with others is prohibited. The proctor will collect cell phones for the duration of the test. Any perceived violation of exam rules will be reported to the educational institution.
- Exams must be completed at least 15 minutes before the library closes.
- All exams should be either mailed to the North Brunswick Library,
Attn: Barbara Elieff
880 Hermann Road,
North Brunswick NJ 08902
or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any exams not taken as scheduled will be held for two weeks and then returned to the school.
- Librarians cannot proctor exams that students bring in themselves.
- The North Brunswick Library will keep answer sheets on file for two weeks after the test has been taken. It will then be shredded.
- The North Brunswick Library will not be responsible for any delayed tests, nor for any completed tests once they leave the library’s possession and have been sent back to the educational institution.
- The North Brunswick Library will not be responsible for tests that are interrupted by library emergencies, power failures or computer hardware or software failures.
- The Library reserves the right to substitute a proctor in the event of the original proctor’s absence.
- Students must complete all preliminary paperwork at least one week before the date of the exam.
- Students will be required to present a valid picture ID at the time of the exam.
- Students taking exams are responsible for ensuring that all necessary exam materials and documentation reach the library prior to the exam date.
- Students are responsible for ensuring that the library’s proctoring policy meets the guidelines set by the institution administering the test.
- Students must ensure that the library’s computing resources are adequate for the examination’s test taking requirements. The library cannot be responsible for internet connections or software errors.
- Students should be aware of the library’s hours so that they arrive in time and use their full allotment of time for the exam. Rescheduling of exams for students who do not show up will be at the convenience of the library.
- Completed exams will be returned to the testing institution via the method they request. No student will be allowed to keep copies of the exam or answers nor will he/she be allowed to return the test themselves.
Please Note: You will be notified either by email or phone if we can accommodate your request. Do not have your institution contact us until we have confirmed a date for you.
Approved by the Library Board of Trustees November 16, 2016