Free noncredit computer courses are offered on an ongoing basis covering various topics including basic keyboard and mouse use, Internet and email as well as Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel. At this time, lessons are open to North Brunswick patrons only. Registration for computer classes is required. Please call 732-246-3545 to sign up.
- These courses are offered in single, one on one sessions.
- Each session lasts 60 minutes.
- Due to demand, each student is limited to 1 individual session.
- One-on-One sessions are offered weekly on Wednesdays at 11:00 AM.
- You must pre-register in person or by phone (732-246-35-45) for each session.
- Individual practice after each class is highly recommended. You'll receive handouts to help you practice at home or at the library after your session.
Here's a list of the classes we teach:
- Computer Basics - An introduction to basic computer use: includes keyboard and mouse skills, clicking and scrolling, and an introduction to computer terminology.
- Internet for Beginners: A class for the internet novice. Learn how to ‘surf the net’ and find what you really want to find.
- Prerequisite: Students should be intermediate PC users and know the basics of computer navigation and multitasking between programs.
- Create an Email Account: Learn to use electronic mail to communicate with others. We'll walk you through setting up an email address with a Gmail account. We'll also go over the finer points of email. Attachments, contacts and managing your email accounts.
- Prerequisite: Internet for Beginners or basic Internet and word processing experience.
- Microsoft Word Basics: Learn the essentials of Word including spell check, formatting, fonts and much more.
- Prerequisite: PC Literacy or familiarity with the mouse and the keyboard and some basic computer navigation.
- Microsoft Power Point Basics: Make your presentations picture perfect learning the basics of the premiere computer slideshow program.
- Prerequisite: Students MUST know how to copy and paste, move between open programs, and be comfortable using MS Word. By signing up you are certifying that you have the basic skills required to complete this class
Unfortunately, at this time we do not offer classes on Microsoft Excel, Publisher, Quickbooks or Visio.